It's All about Your Client
Finding clients and nurturing them is one key ingredient to success. Each of these people can become an advocate to help you grow your business as you can help grow theirs. Satisfied clients, business contacts, friends, and your team can be your best sales and marketing champions because they know and respect you. Here are some ways to earn the trust of your clients, both internal and external, and stay on their radar screens:
- Befriend your client:Have a meal with them or take them to an event. Develop a relationship with your client as you would with a friend. They often do become one. I am fortunate here. Some of my dearest friends started out as clients and still are, yet we have developed a friendship also.
- Provide dazzling service: Credibility is everything. Provide top service and always go the extra mile. And take the high road- there is always less traffic there.
- Place their needs first: Be proactive. Find ways to make their life and work easier and more productive. Refer back to Information you have developed from the Information Bank. If you don't have it, email me and I will send to you.
- Be their best advocate: Make connections for them. Help them find new opportunities, a valuable connection, or anything that enhances their life or solves a problem.
- Refrain from keeping score: Do it because you like and respect them. When you show that you are thinking about them and they’re always on your radar screen, you’ll find yourself on theirs as well.
- Keep giving your clients added value: Increase your services to them. In addition to what you are already doing, send them a new suggestion, idea, strategy, or a tip of the month (or week) that will help grow their business.
Using these simple strategies, you will earn your clients' trust and respect over time and will see the results in a solid network of contacts. They will become your advocates and talk about you and your business in a positive way. This is a credibility factor that comes from working hard and smart to create powerful connections.