LinkedIn, an online network of more than 11
million experienced professionals from around the world, representing 150
When you join, you create a profile
that summarizes your professional accomplishments. Your profile helps you find
and be found by former colleagues, clients, and partners. You can add more
connections by inviting trusted contacts to join LinkedIn and connect to you.
Your network consists of your
connections, your connections’ connections, and the people they know, linking
you to thousands of qualified professionals.
Through your network you can:
- Find potential clients, service providers, subject
experts, and partners who come recommended
- Be found for business opportunities
- Search for great jobs
- Discover inside connections that can help you land jobs
and close deals
- Post and distribute job listings
- Find high-quality passive candidates
- Get introduced to other professionals through the
people you know
- Increase your visibility
- Improve the ability for others to get in touch with you
- Enhance your search engine results and Google PageRank
- Increasing the relevancy of your job search and ask for
With my linkedin network consisting of just over 160
people, I can reach out to over the 2.5 million contacts through warm referrals
from people who know me and trust me.
Hat Tip: Guy Kawasaki’s great post.