Practice Your Networking Skills
Often we learn this lesson after we’ve been putting our networking strategy to work consistently. Answer the following questions today, next week, and in three months to analyze your “formal” networking progress.
What are my personal goals and objectives specific to networking?
- How can I be more effective networking with my existing clients and how will I do this? Continue to build your Information Bank on each person in your Networking Universe. If you would like a copy of my “Information Bank”- send me an email and I will send it right over.
- How do I effectively “work the room” at an event whether I am introverted or extroverted? Create your own process- one size does not fit all.
- How do I make a memorable impact when meeting someone? What do I say, how do I look, and how do I communicate. Our Executive Presence is always ‘on’.
- How do I strengthen my 20-second “sound bite?” Strive to create something that makes the other person say ‘Tell me more about you’.
- How do I effectively follow-up? Always ask people their preferred method of communication- and put it into effect and of course, always say Thank you.
- What are some of the “rocks” that keep me from breaking that barrier? If I’m a little rusty with my formal and informal networking- what is one thing I can do to get back in gear?……If you would like my 52 Networking tips- send me an email and I will send it right out to you.