Your Image Collection
Imagine that a photo was taken of you every time you met another person during the day. Put together a mental photo album of all of the pictures of you which become your Image Collection. Ask yourself what you “see” about yourself with these questions:
- Do I come across as articulate, persuasive, and sure of myself?
- Do I appear trustworthy?
- Do I have a “winning image?”
- Do I come across with Executive Presence with each encounter?
Research tells us the following components helps give us a favorable first impression:
- Engaged Listener-Listen with your ears and eyes and connect with the other person.
- Polished and Professional Appearance-When we look good, we feel good.
- Showing Interest-Commenting back to the person on something they said to show we are connecting.
- Creating a Rapport-Strive to develop harmony with the person you are connecting with.
As always- remain authentic and true to yourself. First impressions are lasting