Hi! This is Al Martella – thank you to Andrea for allowing me to share some thoughts about networking this week.
In Networking Nugget 209, Andrea and I spoke about the great expert communicator, Arch Lustberg who was an in demand speaker and trainer to thousands and author of the book, “How to Sell Yourself.” Arch lived the concept of likability. He believed that likability won the race, won the election, got the job and got the date.
Recently, I came across an article in Inc. magazine named “Want to Be More Likable by Others – Start Doing Any of These 9 Things Consistently” by Marcel Schwantes.
I think Arch would like this article!
Marcel asks the question “How do you compare with most likeable people?”
Marcel believes that likable people:
- display raw authenticity.
- showcase a humble spirit. Marcel adds “She will gain the favor of others because her humility is not only wise and honorable, but it leads to great knowledge and good judgment.”
- are open to feedback and are willing to change and grow.
- rise above the drama.
- watch what they speak – they choose their words carefully.
- and relate to others with empathy.
- are grateful. Marcel adds “No matter what happens, likable people are able to access gratitude and thankfulness for the blessings that come their way–however big or small.”
- show interest in others.
Those of us who have been blessed with being able to spend time with Andrea know that she embodies all these traits.
Thank you, Arch, Marcel and Andrea for helping us to be more likable in our networking.
What do you think? Andrea and I would like to hear from you.
** Thank you, again Al for sharing pearls of wisdom. I am the lucky one to know and work with you all these years. You clearly ‘walk the talk’ on all above and beyond.
We learn from you daily. ARN