Face Problems with Innovation
Think Innovation When Facing a Challenge
- Replace the word “problem” with the word “challenge”.
- Define what the challenge is. (For instance, I have a prospect who keeps putting off our appointment).
- Prepare three suggestions to meet the challenge.
- Write down what part of the challenge you can affect and what part you can’t.
- Prepare an action plan to meet the challenge. (For instance, I can change the place of the appointment and meet the prospect for lunch; I can show up at the appointed time no matter what and say I forgot that he had changed it; I can show up unexpectedly and say I was in the neighborhood; I can put off the next appointment, putting the control in my hands.)
- Put the plan into action.