I had posted this earlier and did not know the author and so happy that I just found out–and it is Veraunda I. Jackson, Esquire. It is such a wonderful piece with many lessons that I wanted to publish it again and to make sure the author was given the full credit.
Enjoy– and visit her at http://www.ehapinc.com
My cousin Helen sent this list to me and it has some great lessons for all of us and great 'food for thought' and shows that there truly are some times when we need to 'quit' something–in order to win.
It's okay to Quit….." written by Veraunda I. Jackson, Esquire
1. Quit arguing with people about the same thing. Respect their position and keep the conversation going.
2. Quit telling people your secrets when you know they are not going to keep them! And if you keep telling them, then quit getting upset when they tell other people!
3. Quit trying to pull people on your journey who don't want to travel with you. Either they believe in you and value you…or they don't!
4. Quit complaining about things you can't and won't change!
5. Quit gossiping about other people! Minding our own business should be a full time job!
7. Quit eating things you know are not good for you! If you can't quit…eat smaller portions!
8. Quit buying things when we know we can't afford them!
9. Quit staying in unhealthy relationships!
10. Quit letting others pull you into their drama! -Start telling them you don't want to hear it! Quit spreading the drama! Go back to #5 minding our own business should be enough to keep us busy!
11. Quit trying to change people! IT DOESN'T WORK!
13. Quit volunteering for things that you aren't getting any personal fulfillment from anymore! Quit volunteering for things and then failing to follow through with your commitment!
14. Quit listening to the naysayers!
16. Quit waiting on others to give you the answers…and start finding the answers for yourself! If what you are doing isn't working for you…then quit it!
17. Quit settling and start making your dreams a reality!- Quit being afraid and START LIVING YOUR LIFE! CREATE THE LIFE YOU WANT! If you want something different than what you have had in the past…you must quit doing what you have done before and DO something different!
I have always tried to live by the mantra: "Winners never quit and Quitters never win"—however in this case, I have made quite a few exceptions.
As with everything–take the best and leave the rest!