I recently had breakfast with my friend, Rick Beckerman of Stephen Gould Corporation who shared his Rules for Business. As you read through them, you will realize that they will work perfectly in whatever business you are in. Use them- they are spot on. To learn more about Rick and to get in touch with him to find out how he can help you, his contact information is below.
- SALESMEN IN MOTION TEND TO STAY IN MOTION SALESMEN AT REST TEND TO STAY AT REST. STAY POSITIVE
- IF YOU DON’T WORK WITH THE INTENSITY THAT GOT YOU WHERE YOU ARE, YOU’LL WIND UP WHERE YOUE WERE.
- IN BUSINESS, PROFIT IS INVERSELY PROPORTIONAL TO AGGRAVATION.
- 90% OF THE CONSTRUCTIVE WORK IN A DAY IS ACCOMPLISHED BEFORE 1:00pm
- COLD CALLS IN PROFUSION BREED NEW BUSINESS, BUT OFTEN FROM SOURCES OTHER THAN WHERE THE EFFORT WENT.
- WORK THAT IS NOT TENDED TO AT ONCE IS LEFT TO ROT.
- A SPURT OF BUSY TIMES BREEDS COMPLACENCY. MAINTAIN PERSPECTIVE!! IT IS ALWAYS HARD WON!
- NOTHING IS AS BAD OR AS GOOD AS IT SEEMS AT FIRST GLANCE.
- PLAN ON RECEIPT OF PROMISED MONEY OR BUSINESS ABOUT ONE MONTH AFTER IT IS PROMISED.
- TIME CAN BE YOUR BEST FRIEND OR WORST ENEMY.
- IN THE MIDDLE OF EVERY CRISIS, THERE IS HIDDEN AN OPPORTUNITY THAT, WITH THE PROPER COURAGE AND FORTITUDE, CAN BE FOUND AND SEIZED UPON TO MAKE THINGS BETTER THAN THEY WERE.
- BE AWARE THAT PEOPLE WILL TALK ABOUT YOU AFTER YOU LEAVE YOUR MEETING.
- IN THE BATTLE BETWEEN LOGIC AND EMOTION, EMOTION WILL WIN IF YOU ARE NOT TOTALLY CENTERED.
- DON'T LOOK AT THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN, IT'S TOO SCARY. JUST LOOK AT THE NEXT STEP.
Rick Beckerman went to Great Neck North high school and graduated from the University of Buffalo in 1965.Having spent almost 40 years working with and training salespeople, he is beginning his 50th year at Stephen Gould Corporation where he has innovated packaging designs, managed 5 company locations and developed distribution processess over the years.
RICK BECKERMAN (DIVISION MGR.)
STEPHEN GOULD CORPORATION
1491 RT 52
FISHKILL, NY 12524