Having a lovely breakfast with my friend, Susan Sommers,The Style Guru, I walked away learning several ways to create an impact through the way I dress and put myself together.
Whether it is a total restyling of the way you impress your everyday world or a small tweak in an already well put together person, Susan can help create what appears to be seamless and gives one that competitive edge.
Here are 5 suggestions from Susan on Empowerment Through Our Appearance:
1. Women: Invest in the item that people see first and you wear most, like a great jacket. Men: Invest in what you wear most—a suit for business professional or a jacket for business casual.
2. Women: Wear no more than one trend at a time or you’ll look like a fashion victim. Men: Trends in menswear are less frequent that womenswear, however, slimmer more contoured suits and jackets are in favor now.
3. Both sexes: Pair dark shoes with dark pants for a long, lean, pulled-together look.
4. Both sexes: Understand—and dress for—people’s expectations of how you should look, while remaining authentic.
5. Both sexes: Make sure that your clothes skim your body, but don’t cinch it. Clothes that are too big or too small undermine your power.
As a Business style coach, speaker and author, Susan Sommers founded Dresszing® to empower women and men through their presence. She is a former fashion editor who specialized in makeovers and she knows that looking better helps us feel better and do better. She’s seen how looking and acting the part create a first impression that propels career success.
To learn more about Susan Sommers and how she can help anyone 'raise the bar' in their appearance and communications, visit her at www.dresszing.com