Clients For Life
Think this way starting now. In today’s competitive world, you need to be proactive about maintaining and improving relationships with your existing clients. As you do this in genuine ways, you deepen the ties you have as associates in business and as fellow colleagues. Here are some ways to further these relationships (and remember—some of your “clients” can be your internal co-workers or business units within your organization):
- Spend thirty minutes each day talking with two existing clients or friends. Ask them what they want, what they need, and what they like/don’t like. Implement the ideas that work for you.
- Invite your "champion clients" to serve on your board of directors. Your clients will add wisdom and will know that you value their judgement.
- Post articles about your client's achievements in your organization. People love to be acknowledged for their wins.
- Invite clients/customers to test a new product or service before you offer it to the public. Your customers will have insight about what the public wants and trends. This will save you energy and will send the message to your client that they are the first to experience something new.
- Partner with your clients in a marketing effort, workshop, or special event. The more opportunities you have to spend with your clients, the more you will connect on a personal basis.
- Provide value every day. Giveaways and discounts are a great way to retain clients and attract new ones. Offer something unique to show your customers that you are creative and open to new ideas. Make sure it is something they would like.
- Follow the successes of companies that have a reputation for outstanding customer service. By learning from the pros, your business will grow and improve.
- Connect with your clients through common interests. Find out what you share in common with your clients. They will remember you and develop a sense of friendship. Your clients are always right even if they’re wrong. Thank your customers for both positive and negative comments. Do all in your power to make them happy.
Keep these in mind everyday with clients and contacts as you expand your network.